Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Survivor

December 1992:
Communal riots broke out in Mumbai after the demolition on the Babri Masjid on December 6.

I was at Nagpada on December 7, one of the most sensitive areas in Mumbai. Yet... I survived.

March 1993:
A series of bombings struck Mumbai's stock exchange along with trains, hotels and gas stations in the city, killing 257 people and wounding more than 1,100.

I was at home recuperating from illness. I survived.

December 2001:
Militants attacked India's Parliament in New Delhi, leaving 14 people, including several gunmen, dead.

I had come on a vacation from Delhi to Mumbai. I survived.

August 2003:
Two taxis packed with explosives blew up outside a Mumbai tourist attraction and a busy market, killing 52 and wounding more than 100.

I had gone back to Delhi after my vacation in Mumbai. I survived.

July 2006: Seven bomb blasts on Mumbai trains killed more than 140 people and wounded hundreds more.

I was on the road not on rail. I survived.


For how long can we ride our luck?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey good to know that luck is on your side all the time.

Tejas Lagad said...

Think I've guessed who this is! :)

Nice to hear from you after a long time and better to know you still keep track of my blogs. Trust alls well at your end.

Stay well.